Abstract from the Statute of the Hellenic Systemic Thinking and Family Therapy Association (HESTAFTA)
Article 3: The aims of the Association are in general scientific, educational and of non-profit public benefit.
- The promotion of systemic epistemology and research.
- The promotion of systemic psychotherapy with families, individuals, groups and wider human systems.
- The pursuit of effective treatments and prevention of mental disorders as well as the mental health promotion and quality of life of citizens.
- The creation of a scientific space for professionals working in the field of family therapy and other systemic psychotherapies.
- The improvement of professional and ethical skills as well as the creation of a code of ethics for family and systemic psychotherapists.
- Educational and training activities addressed to psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers in the field of systemic family therapy and other systemic psychotherapies as well as the sensitization of health and mental health and human sciences professionals regarding the principles of systemic thinking and interventions.
- The sensitization of students and general population around issues of human communication and interaction, mental health and quality of life.
- Collaboration and exchange among systemic psychotherapists and trainees in systemic psychotherapies who represent various systemic trends and work in public as well as private mental health services.
- The facilitation of communication and collaboration among psychotherapists and scientists belonging to different schools of psychotherapy.
- The collaboration and participation in the European Family Therapy Association (EFTA) as well as in similar Associations and Organizations inside and outside Europe.
- The collaboration with similar Associations as well as with professionals working in research, counseling or therapy using systemic methodology.
- The promotion and protection of scientific and professional interests of the members of the Association.